Membership in the UUFA is open to anyone 16 or older. No espousal of any testament or specific religious creed is required to become a member but a prospective member must agree with the UUFA’s purpose:
The UUFA exists as an organization to promote a free and responsible search for individual spiritual values; to work for equity and compassion through a commitment to social justice;to cultivate a welcoming space and atmosphere for freedom of belief; use of heart, mind and spirit to unite and strengthen our mutual goals and the pursuit of liberal religious thought and action.
A prospective member also has to be in agreement with our Seven Principles –
- The inherent worth and dignity of every being;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement of spiritual growth in our Congregation;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our Congregation and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
The individual applying for membership must agree to abide by our Bylaws and signify their willingness to that by signing our membership book. Additionally the member must agree to abide by our Membership Covenant and sign it.
A member must be willing to join in support of the Fellowship, both physically and financially. To become a member you must make a one time cash contribution in which we hope you will consider the costs for the UUFA in maintaining your membership in the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations (the UUA) and in our regional governance group the Central East Regional Group of the UUA. Members must also initially and yearly sign a pledge form indicating an intent to provide ongoing financial support to the Congregation.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact the Membership Committee at email@example.com
Members offer their time and talent to maintain the UUFA grounds and building during an Annual Work Day.