***This Week at the UUFA**
Social Action Committee
Sunday Service: Ojibwe Creation Story and the Seven Teachings
Sunday, 11:00am – 12:00pm
Lois Gladchild will introduce us to the First Nations teachings of the Ojibwe peoples and their spiritual path.
Finance Committee Meeting
Annual Planning Meeting
Saturday, 9:00-noon; Robersons’ house; all welcome
UUFA Women’s Retreat
Friday October 21, 6pm to Sunday, October 23, 10am; Wenda Sheard’s House- 13499 Dutch Creek Rd
$30 registration cost. 11 indoor sleeping spots, unlimited camping, outdoor smoking area. Simple meals provided Friday night through Sunday morning. White elephant Friday. Group and individual activities Saturday.
William Beale Memorial Service
A Memorial Service for long-time UUFA member William Beale will be held at the Athens Friends Meeting House, 22 Birge St., Chauncey, on Saturday afternoon Sept 24th from 2-4pm. Beale was among the main movers and organizers in constructing the Unitarian Building back in the early 1970’s.
UUFA Fall Work Day
Saturday, October 8, 10am-6pm
1. Finish RE room ceiling (drywall and paint) and install 3rd light
2. Clean gutters
3. Build walls, install door and wiring for new office
4. Spread parking lot stone
5. Repair and winterize memorial fountain
6. Repair toilet paper dispenser(s)
7. Saw up ash tree and stack firewood in parking lot for member pickup
8. Inspect boiler
9. Concrete area around sewer cleanout riser
10. Trim brush along parking lot retaining wall
11. Pressure wash and seal entry ramp
Bring tools if you have them. Come when you can, leave when you need to!
Please Submit Announcements
To be sure to be included in the weekly Greensheet post, email your announcements by Thursday at noon to email@example.com. If you miss this cutoff time, you may bring your announcement in writing to the service leader before service begins on Sunday, so he or she can announce it from the podium.