UUFA Greensheet & Announcements for May 29, 2018
Thanks to the programming committee for our potluck memorial day sunday this past week ! A good time was enjoyed by all.
What’s Happening This Week at UUFA:
Sunday, June 3, 2018 – 11:00 am, Coffee/Tea beginning at 10:30 am – “No Regrets” – Regret can weigh us down and we get stuck in endless cycles of self- doubt and blame. But it can also be a catalyst for change when we focus on how we regret over what we regret. Join Katie Evans as she shares how she tries to live a life with No Regrets.
RE Instructor Update- Welcome Richard Thieret
40 Days of Action from May 13 – June 23
Every Monday, beginning on May 14th through June 18th there will be witness as well as non-violent direct moral fusion direct action in 38 states and in Washington, DC. People planning to participate in direct action must attend a training in their state. To get connected with training write to your state coordinator at NameofYourState@ poorpeoplescampaign.org and/or look for your state’s Poor People’s Campaign Facebook page.
UUA President Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray took part in the opening action on May 14th in Washington, DC, with other denominational and national leaders. Please participate on whatever Mondays work best for you and your congregation or group in both Washington, DC and your state.
- A message from Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray: Join Me in Prophetic Witness with the Poor People’s Campaign, May 13-15 & Beyond!
- Editorial in Vice: ‘I Got Arrested Today While Praying the US Finally Confronts Poverty‘
- Reflection by Rev. Michael Crumpler: Arrested for Justice!
- UU Commitment Pledge: sign up to witness or take action with other UUs
- Find your local event
- Connect with your UU State Action Network
- Lodging options in Washington, DC.
- Limited home hospitality is also available through UUs for Social Justice (UUSJ) in Washington, DC. Write to email@example.com or call 202-600-9132.