Leadership Days and Trainings
Two Hands Clapping – OMD Leadership Conference
Are you a congregational leader? Take this opportunity to join other congregational leaders in the OMD at this year’s Leadership Day on October 26, 2013 at the UU Church of the North Hills in Pittsburgh, PA. Details and registration available at http://www.ohiomeadville.org/omdevents/649-2013omdlead
Fall Webinar Schedule Available
Webinar offerings for this fall are being posted on the CERG website. Among the webinars scheduled are ones focused on Dealing with Resistance, From New Member to Committed Leader, RE Thematic Models, Developing Healthy RE Committees, Creating an Anonymous Visitors Program, Managing Learning Differences in RE, Training Greeters and Team Building Activities for Boards, Committees and Congregations. More to be added soon. Find details at http://www.cerguua.org/calendars/cergwebinars.html
Building Capacity for Authentic Diversity
Join us on January 18th in Wooster, OH For this new training. Each of us has culture–conscious and unconscious ways of being in the world. To become a truly multicultural faith, we need leaders who can build relationships effectively across difference including ethnicity, class, sexual orientation, gender, and more. Come learn about a model of understanding cultural competence which will help you learn these skills. Details and registration…
District Assembly 2014 will take place at the Avalon Hotel and Conference Center, Erie, PA March 28-29, 2014 with the Rev. Meg Barnhouse at the keynote speaker. Regionalization will undoubtedly be a topic of discussion. Put this date on your calendar, you won’t want to miss it!
Social Justice Opportunities & Resources
- Looking for Social Justice activities for your youth or adults? Opportunities are available with the Sandy clean-up work. Contact Susan Karlson for details at email@example.com. Read about their latest activities at the CERG website.
- Interested in Social Justice Issues? Check out the uujusticeweb facebook page and uujusticeweb website.
- UU Justice Ohio will host a Justice Assembly on Saturday, November 2, 2013 at the First UU Church of Columbus, OH from 10 am to 3 pm with a rally at the Ohio Statehouse to follow at 4 pm. Registration and details are available at the UUJO website. Lois is posting the September UUJO newsletter on the fellowship’s bulletin board.
Check out the UUSC College of Social Justice for lots of opportunities for social justice trips and activities for all ages.
RE Resources & News
- UU UNO Spring Seminar for Youth April 3-5, 2014, theme: Rights of Indigenous Peoples. Details at www.uua.org/international/events/seminar/index.shtml
- Have youth who are bridging? The new Bridging Brochure should be arriving at your congregation soon. Learn more aand get links to bridging resources on the Blue Boat Blog posting “Be A Bridge Keeper For Youth Faith“
- YAC Senior High Con ~ Oct 25-27, 2013 ~ First Unitarian Church of Pittsburgh, PA. For details and registration…
- Fundamentals of Healthy Youth Ministry ~ Nov 22-23, 2013 ~ North Hills UU Church of Pittsburgh, PA. Registration and details…
- Put this on your calendar – UU UNO Spring Seminar for Youth April 3-5, 2014, theme: Rights of Indigenous Peoples. Details at www.uua.org/international/events/seminar/index.shtml
- Are you bridging to young adulthood? Please fill out the secure online Bridge Connections Form
You can keep up with Youth News from the UUA in a variety of ways. Go to: http://www.uua.org/re/youth/know/index.shtml
Young Adult Events
- Rocky Horror Overnight ~ October 5-6, 2013 ~ UU Society of Cleveland, Cleveland Heights, OH. For more information…
- Fall Conference ~ November 15-17, 2013 ~ First Unitarian Church of Toledo, OH. For details…
You can keep up with Young Adult News in a variety of ways. Go to: http://www.uua.org/re/youngadults/know/index.shtml
UUA & National News & Events
- The UUA is hiring. Find a listing of their open positions and details at the UUA website.
- The UU History Convocation will be November 7-10, 2013 in Washington DC. Details and more at www.uucollegium.org/2013-convocation
- Did you know? – The Church of the Larger Fellowship (CLF) offers weekly online worship. For times when you can’t get to church, now church will come to you. Join the spiritual expedition! Sundays at 8:00 pm and Mondays at 9 am and 1:30 pm (Eastern Time).
Check out what is new at the UUA bookstore, Beacon Press and Skinner House. Skinner House announces that many of their books are now available as ebooks.