Come join our Service on Sunday, January 15th, 11am in person (face masks encouraged) or by Zoom.
30 Days of LOVE , promoted at UU congregations everywhere, are a gift to our whole community: a love letter, a warm hug, a spiritual balm for all of the individuals, families, religious professionals, partners and communities that embody our values and work for justice and liberation year round.
This Sunday we will focus on Interdependence:
Democracy & Electoral Justice. Clearly the struggle isn’t over as we see voting rights of underrepresented citizens challenged at every election.
We’ll discuss the work ahead and pay tribute to those who have come before us to fight for electoral justice.
NEW MASK NOTES: As of today, January 14, 2022, the UUFA board moved from a mandatory face mask policy for Sunday Services to a “face masks encouraged” policy. Thank you to all who continue to wear face masks to protect the most vulnerable among us. We provide Zoom access for those unable to attend in person.
Meeting ID: 823 6539 7153
One tap mobile
+16468769923,,82365397153# US (New York)
+13017158592,,82365397153# US (Washington DC)
UUFA BOARD NEWS
by Richard Thieret, UUFA President
The UUFA Board met on January 14th and decided the following:
1. To fund the repair of the boiler heating system pipes.
2. To investigate ideas to increase use of the building. Those ideas included book clubs, game nights, art classes, and a musical Mardi Gras celebration.
3. To meet with city officials to brainstorm ways to increase use of the building for the benefit of the Athens community.
4. To change our mandatory face mask policy to a face masks-encouraged policy, effective immediately.
5. To begin investigating shared services with nearly UU congregations including Marietta, Charleston, Huntington, and Bexley—all of who are part of the Appalachian Cluster of the Unitarian Universalist Associations’ Central East Region.
6. To delegate to the programming committee decisions on how to best deliver services whether in person, online, or hybrid.
THREE PLACES TO RECEIVE OUR NEWS
1. We create our Greensheet newsletter on WordPress, and it then ALWAYS automagically appears on our website, under the Greensheet tab, here: http://uuathensoh.org/home/the-greensheet/
2. If you have a Facebook account—even one you never use—you can read our news and send us messages via our Facebook account at https://www.facebook.com/uuathensoh
3. We are currently unable to email the Greensheet via our WordPress account. That’s because we need to install a new “mail plugin” with our WordPress account. The mail plugin we were using is not compatible with our current version of WordPress. Your current Greensheet editor attempted to install a new mail plugin, but that level of technology is WAY above her head. We have a volunteer lined up to fix that issue. (Thank you!)
In a pinch, we can and do email those in our Elvanto church membership software a plain version of our Greensheet….without photos. Not everyone who signed up on WordPress is on our Elvanto list. We’re looking for a volunteer to make sure those two lists match.
Thanks for your patience. REMEMBER—you can always see the Greensheet on our website, and you can always read our news on our Facebook page.
NEW GREENSHEET DEADLINE
& HOW TO SUBMIT
Please email items to email@example.com and put “Greensheet” in the subject line. New ideas, new columns, announcements, artwork, photographs, biographies, birthdays, anniversaries, and whatnot that you don’t mind being public are all welcome for possible inclusion in the Greensheet.
NEW Deadline for each week: SUNDAY 3pm or before publication, whichever comes last. We hope to get the Greensheet out, our Facebook event for the next week posted, and more each Sunday evening or Monday at the latest. Thanks!
UUFA BOARD MEETING
The next UUFA board meeting will be SATURDAY February 11th at 10:30am by Zoom. All members are welcome to attend.
UUFA PROGRAMMING MEETING
The next UUFA programming meeting will be TOMORROW Sunday, January 15th at 1pm by Zoom. More people, more music, more ideas all welcome! All members and friends are welcome to attend.